You can print checks on pre-printed check stationery.
Accounts supports standard 3-up checks and voucher checks.
The following sections discuss how to:
- Enter check transactions
- Select the checks you want to print, and
- Customise check layouts.
To enter a check transaction, use the "Payments & Purchases" journal in the "Transaction Entry" window.
If your check account does not appear in the "Credit" popup button
you will need to make the check account a "
For examples of how to enter payment transactions view the
- Select the check account from the "Credit" popup button.
- Enter the check number into the "Ref" field.
- Enter the remaining payment information as usual.
How to Print a Check
To print a check select "Print Checks..." form the "File" menu. The "Check Selection" window will appear.
You select the checks that you want to print in the "Check Selection" window.
The "Check Selection" window provides the following options:
The following filter options are available:
- Select the account containing the checks you want to print from the "Account" popup button.
- Select the check layout for the checks being printed from the "Layout" popup button.
- Select the number of checks on the first page of 3-up check stationery from the
"Checks on first page" popup button.
- The "Checks on first page" popup button is disabled for voucher layouts.
- You can force all checks to print using the current date by selecting the
"Use today's date when printing checks" checkbox.
To select a check for printing, select the "Print" checkbox next to the check.
The image below shows two checks selected for printing.
- Filter the check transactions by date using the "From" and "to" fields.
- Filter the check transactions by check number using the "Check" and "to" fields.
- You can view all checks or only unprinted checks by selecting the "Show unprinted checks only" checkbox.
The "Check Selection" window also contains the following buttons:
After selectint the checks you want to print click the "Print Selected Checks..." button.
A print dialog sheet will appear.
- The tick and cross buttons in the bottom left corner of the window select and
deselect all visible transactions.
- The "Customize Check Layout..." button opens the "Check Layout" window (discussed below).
- The "Print Selected Checks..." button.
After a check is printed, if the "Show unprinted checks only" checkbox is selected
the printed check will be removed from the "Check Selection" cheque listing.
If you need to reprint a check, deselect the "Show unprinted checks only" checkbox.
You will then be able to see all checks.
Customise a Layout
You will need to customise the check layout for each check account that you operate.
To customise a check layout select the "Customize Check Layouts..." button in the
"Check Selection" window. The "Check Layouts" window will appear.
You can create multiple check layouts.
Click the "+" and "-" buttons in the bottom left corner of the window to add or remove a layout.
You can rename a check layout by double-clicking the layout name in the "Layout" column.
You can choose from four layout styles in the "Style" popup button. The layout styles are:
To specify the size of a check enter values into the "Width" and "Height" fields in the "Check" section.
The check size is represented by a blue rectangle outine.
- Standard - 3 Up
- Voucher - Top
- Voucher - Middle
- Voucher - Bottom
You can customise the location and size of each check field,
and also whether a check field is printed.
The printable check fields are:
To change the position of a field you can:
- Amount in Words
- Amount in Numbers
- Payee's Address
- Transaction Memo
You can change each field's font and font size by selecting a field and clicking the "Font..." button.
- Drag the field.
- Enter values into the "x", "y", "Width" and "Height" fields in the "Field" section.
- Select the field by clicking it and use the arrow keys to move the field.
To preview a check layout click the "Preview Check Layout..." button.
A print dialog sheet will appear.
Last Update - 1 August 2005