The Ledger can display all transactions containing a specified account, a group of accounts, or all accounts.
For example, selecting the "Cash at Bank" account from the "Display" popup button
displays each transaction involving the "Cash at Bank" account.
Selecting the the "Asset" group from the "Display" popup button displays all transactions
for all asset accounts.
You can also filter the transactions by date by entering dates into the "From" and "to" fields.
- The "Jnl" column indicates whether a transaction is a "Receipts & Sales",
"Payments & Purchases", or "General Journal" entry.
- The "Description" column shows each transaction's contact and memo information.
- The "Opening Balance --" amount is the account balance on the date specified in the "From" field.
- The "Closing Balance --" amount is the account balance on the date specified in the "to" field.
- The "Net Movement" is the difference between the "Opening Balance" and "Closing Balance"
- The "Totals" are the total debits and total credits of the displayed transactions
View a Transaction
Double-click any ledger row to view or edit the underlying transaction.
Duplicate a Transaction
Control-click (or right-click) any ledger row to duplicate the underlying transaction.
A new transaction based on the duplicated transaction will appear in the transaction entry window.
Last Update - 1 August 2005